Monday, September 3, 2012

Welcome!


So I've decided to start a blog. Yes, I am well aware of the growing number of blogs out there but I've had a lot of inquires about my crafts  and I figured this is the best platform to share my tidbits for budget friendly crafters.

My name is Lindsey and I'm about to embark on my 30th year on this crazy planet. I've worked as a part-time reporter, graphic designer, pre-press coordinator, production manager (all at the same company, at the same time) and now I manage at a printing company full-time. It's a job and it pays the bills. I live in an apartment in South Easton MA with my boyfriend Michael on an adorable country plot of land that is stocked with goats, chickens, bunnies, koi fish, several gardens, a walking path and a bridge. 

I come from a long line of crafters and have spent much of my childhood tagging along with my mother and two older cousins for their Craft Nights.Growing up I was surrounded by these women who inspired me by creating beautiful homes with their personal touch. I never really felt like I had the creative gene then but as I've gotten older I have started to build little by little. I find that there is nothing more satisfying than making something that you can proudly hang in your home and say "I made that." 

You may also find a few recipes sprinkled in here. I love cooking whether just for my better half or whipping up a meal for the occasional dinner party. I give Michael credit, he is my cooking gineau pig but he is still here so I guess I am doing OK. 

I hope that these entries inspire you to get crafting!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment